Comment Wall

1. August 20th, 2009 at 22:57 | #1

LOL — careful, Jan, my SILs run in powerful circles! 🙂

2. Telkontar
    August 22nd, 2009 at 20:46 | #2

Glad you’re back on the road. Go, Nissan, go!

3. August 22nd, 2009 at 21:32 | #3

Made it all the way to Spokane! So far, so good…

4. JDK
    August 25th, 2009 at 20:03 | #4

Curious here, if you have been thru California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho & now Montana, what is the #6 State?

5. bkdunn
    August 25th, 2009 at 20:25 | #5

NV: Went to Reno after Tahoe en route to Lassen.

6. MD
    August 25th, 2009 at 21:13 | #6

Hope you had one – or a couple – for me!

7. JDK
    August 27th, 2009 at 20:44 | #7

B,

I enjoy your pictures and comentary. Good going. At St. Mary, MT you are about thirty miles from where your grandfather was born, and about twenty miles, Chief Mountain where your great Grandfather cut trees, logs, to build his first house. He cut the trees in the summmer, then went up in the winter with a sled to take them to his homestead site.
    Take care…

8. bkdunn
    August 28th, 2009 at 18:18 | #8

JDK, I gotta come back to the area again. I’d like to get up to Cardston next time (failed this time).

9. Telkontar
    August 28th, 2009 at 23:26 | #9

Welcome to Yellowstone!

10. Amor Brown
    August 29th, 2009 at 23:46 | #10

It seems like you are having fun.

11. JDK
    August 30th, 2009 at 15:58 | #11

Check out the airport in Greybull, WY as you go thru…

12. hansenkd
    August 30th, 2009 at 17:47 | #12

Guess your new itinerary doesn’t have you coming anywhere near the CO front range. Bummer–would have provided you a place to stay.

13. August 30th, 2009 at 23:07 | #13

JDK: Ended up going the other route (14-Alt rather than 14), so missed Greybull. Am staying in Sheridan now, but it looks like Hawkins & Powers got liquidated some time in the last four years or so.

14. LIVTOFLY
    September 5th, 2009 at 08:58 | #14

DON’T SKIP GETTYSBURG

15. September 5th, 2009 at 15:36 | #15

Sorry, probably skipping it. Because: (1) I’ve been there before; (2) I’ll probably be going to several other Civil War battlefields; and (3) the Civil War’s the biggest tragedy in American history, so I’m not really that into it anyway.

16. JDK
    September 5th, 2009 at 16:26 | #16

Try Harpers Ferry, WV

17. telkontar
    September 6th, 2009 at 19:06 | #17

Skipped TR NP in western ND, I see. Alas, the animals are incredible, but teh landscape is a hybrid between canyonlands and badlands. Of course, since TR doesn’t belong in the same living room as GW and TJ, perhaps it is an intentional snub. Enjoy the home of the Lakers.

18. September 6th, 2009 at 19:20 | #18

?! Nope. Was there yesterday. Camped there last night. Poked around there this morning. Then left.

19. Craig Dunn
    September 7th, 2009 at 19:37 | #19

Unless you show a picture of an elk or a wild mustang, I cannot believe you were there. I saw my onloy wild porcupine there, too.
    The amazing thing is that all the animals are see-able from the car.

20. Craig Dunn
    September 9th, 2009 at 15:19 | #20

I have seen the photo; Now I believe you were at TRNP.

21. telkontar
    September 12th, 2009 at 18:54 | #21

I just want Craig Dunn’s name off the top of the list.

22. September 13th, 2009 at 05:27 | #22

But you have to respect his bold willingness to go real-name (or *is* it a real name?!).

23. mascott
    September 16th, 2009 at 17:20 | #23

i see you caught some walleye. nice one – what did u catch it on?

24. September 16th, 2009 at 21:10 | #24

Caught two of them, both on the same lure — a crayfish-colored Rapala. The guys at the bait shop sold me a lot of stuff, but it was the only one that caught anything.

25. Jeff
    September 21st, 2009 at 19:26 | #25

Hey BK!

It was great to see you in Dearborn. I mean it when I say that you are more than welcome to stay here if/when you are on your way back through. It’d be great to see you again. Have fun on the rest of your trip!

Jeff

26. September 22nd, 2009 at 16:42 | #26

Had a great time with y’all as well. Probably not coming back through MI on this trip, but hopefully will end up in your neighborhood again sometime soon.

27. hansenkd
    September 24th, 2009 at 16:25 | #27

Are you sure you can’t find some way to come to the front range instead of Durango? (LOL, know it’s completely out of your way). Would have loved the chance to see you!

28. September 24th, 2009 at 18:14 | #28

Mal sehen was wird. Right now doesn’t look likely, but that’ll be getting toward the end of the trip, so who knows where my mind will be at that point?

29. jessica
    September 30th, 2009 at 20:38 | #29

I see what you mean about the Cliff Huxtable sweaters! The pictures are beautiful. Loving the leaves.

30. telkontar
    October 3rd, 2009 at 22:03 | #30

Whether you listen to conference or not, as long sa you do not pray to the trees or valleys of National Parks, you are way ahead of Geoffrey Burns documentary persons.

31. October 4th, 2009 at 07:22 | #31

But the trees are such good listeners…!

32. MD
    October 4th, 2009 at 17:06 | #32

Geoffrey?? Did you notice Stegner’s input?

33. telkontar
    October 4th, 2009 at 19:03 | #33

I really meant “George.” I always confuse entertainers.

34. MD
    October 5th, 2009 at 17:28 | #34

I hope Gracie didn’t notice!

35. JDK
    October 10th, 2009 at 19:26 | #35

B,
    Your pictures get better and better. Must be all the hamburgers.

36. October 11th, 2009 at 05:50 | #36

I think the burgers provide focus. (Thx!)

37. JDK
    October 11th, 2009 at 21:37 | #37

Your comments on the USMC are outstanding, and are admired. You are right on.

38. telkontar
    October 12th, 2009 at 09:51 | #38

Kill Devil Hills, NC, USA — killer place name. [12:20 AM EDT on 10/12] Who were the original devils?

39. MD
    October 14th, 2009 at 12:13 | #39

All’s well here — except for the dismal rain — must be Fall in WA!

40. chad
    October 21st, 2009 at 20:34 | #40

will you do me a favor and please find out which state people are talking about when they say ‘carolina’. i also know multiple songs with references to carolina.

41. Ron
    October 21st, 2009 at 21:17 | #41

Hi Brian: I just wanted to let you know that I’m with you every step of the way and lovin’ it (dropping the “g” is a southern kinda thang).

42. Hotshot
    October 21st, 2009 at 22:01 | #42

The regaetons love Carolina.

43. bkdunn
    October 22nd, 2009 at 17:01 | #43

Hey RS, good hearing from you as always. Chad, I’m pretty sure they’re referring to the mythical “Carolina”, that lies deep within the heart of every man (and some women).

44. Charlie
    October 23rd, 2009 at 17:36 | #44

Hi Brian – keeping track of you every once in a while. Looks like an AMAZING trip. Don’t sweat grad school apps – you’re smart enough, buddy! Enjoy life on the road and be safe.

45. Scott
    October 25th, 2009 at 01:12 | #45

Wife and I are planning a 3 week road trip for our first vacation in 5 years.

SO GLAD that I found this site in my planning.

I’ll be reading every word on here.
    THanks!

46. October 27th, 2009 at 22:59 | #46

am i missing something here? i still dont get it.

47. bkdunn
    October 28th, 2009 at 14:32 | #47

Just fwiw, you’re probably not missing anything.

48. telkontar
    October 29th, 2009 at 08:23 | #48

The Cafe Du Mont was recommended in Old Orleans. Across from the levee, in the French quarter, near Andrew Jackons Square in the Garden district (my notes reflect some directions like that). Recommendation from my Texas litigator.

49. bkdunn
    October 30th, 2009 at 20:51 | #49

Ended up getting a shrimp po-boy at some tavern — was pretty good (but wasn’t in the French Quarter)!

50. rkd
    November 19th, 2009 at 15:49 | #50

bk, you’re scaring me, turn east, don’t miss Colorado. The Durango loop to the four corners from Farmington NM is really retty.

Comment pages
  1. No trackbacks yet.

телефонный справочник минска on-line волгоградский справочник найти телефон по адресу г орёл как найти по адресу номер телефона в г брянск телефонная база мариуполь найти по адресу и по фамилии номер сотового телефона поиск людей по адресу краснодар бесплатный телефонный справочник beeline здесь получить адрес через номер телефона как узнать по ip-адресу местоположение узнать тут телефонная база данных квартир местоположение мобильного телефона билайн сальск справочник телефонов тут перехватчик звонков и смс телефонная справочник телефонов могилева онлайн как узнать справочник телефонов г бердск помогите найти человека по номеру телефона мтс тут поиск фирм по номеру телефона москва справочник телефонов челябинской области троицк телефонная база с мобильными калининград найти утерянный телефон справочник телефонов верхней пышмы г братск справочник телефонов телефонная поиск людей по фамилии и номеру телефона найти местонахождение человека на номеру телефона поиск человека по городу и фамилии адресно телефонная база данных новосибирска ссылка тут телефонный справочник адрес по телефону г вологда ссылка поиск места телефона по номеру как найти человека по его имени и фамилии смс шпион смс перехватчик читаем чужие смс сообщения здесь адрес абонента по фамилии найти местонахождение человека на номеру телефона sitemap